Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shrek feet making a comeback?

Well, the cold is finally leaving me. I now have the lingering annoying cough! Fun! Ben's had it too and Jack and Abby pretty much started it, so we're a sharing family! Our weekend was blah. Friday night we intended on going out on a date (+ Jack). Ben's grandparents were keeping the girls overnight, so that just left us with Jack. Well, after dropping the girls off, we're in the car discussing what we're doing/where we're going and Jack starts screaming his head off. He's not a fussy child by nature, so I know something's wrong. We end up just going home because it was obvious he wasn't feeling well. So, we get home and he's clinging to me and flipping his head back and forth, trying to get comfortable. We were sure it was an ear infection again. I ended up getting Similasan drops and within 10 minutes of those going in his ear, he was a happy boy again! He went to bed and slept through the night and just acted like himself the rest of the weekend!

Saturday, I felt like crap. The cold kicked in full force and left me with no energy or the ability to breathe. Saturday night was much worse. The girls came home and Taylor was very sick. Vomiting, diarrhea, fever, etc. Well, Ben had to go into work at 12:30am, so I ended up being up with Taylor almost every hour that night. Poor thing was miserable. She woke up the next morning feeling fine. Go figure! Another thing we discovered Saturday night was that while at Ben's GP's, Abby got ahold of some scissors and cut a chunk off her hair, so on Sunday we headed to Ben's Mom's to get that faux paux repaired! Thank goodness she used to do hair!!!

Monday, I met with Abby's new psycho doctor. I gave her all the background on what's happened in the last year and Abby's current behavior, including the stealing. At first guess, she said the stealing was probably associated with her feelings of loss.....her Daddy, her house, etc. Lots of changes for a 4 yr. old in the last year. So, anyway, I'll take Abby to meet with her next Tuesday. After I came out of that meeting, I had 3 missed calls from my Dad. Jack woke up from his nap screaming again, so I called the doc. Got him in and as suspected, he has an ear infection. Got the antibiotics for that and he also has an appt. with an ENT doc next Thursday, so hopefully they'll do tubes so the poor kid can stop having these infections!!!!!

Thanks for all of your encouraging words with the self esteem issues. I've made some progress, even in the last week, but as my psycho doc said, my scars run deep and it will just take some time for those to heal. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and who I love more than I ever thought possible, so I'm very blessed! I'm also thankful for how patient he is with all of this.....granted, he has his moments where I know he'd like to personally "thank" Brian for causing some issues, but all in all, he's just there for me. You know, Missy, so many times I remember you blogging about how much Scott does around the house and for you, etc. and part of me was always envious of that. Well, now I have that same kind of husband who does all the laundry and cleans and takes care of us. I can appreciate Ben so much more because I know what a rarity that is in many husbands! Anyway, I digress....

Love to all!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I love your last paragraph! I know God's working in your life and it's going well!!!!

Sounds like the doctor for Abby will be great! She's in our prayers.

Good luck with the ENT doctor. We take #3 tomorrow (Friday) to see if he's going to put tubes in his ears again.

Lots of Love!