Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Feeling pregnant

I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and feeling every bit of it! I would have thought the 3rd one would be easier (Missy? Kelley?) but this one's been the hardest. Granted, I have more kids now, a bigger house, etc. My doc says it's just harder on my body at this point. I believe it!!!! Funny thing is that so far I think I've gained the least amount of weight with this one. I attribute it to the fact that Ben's house has stairs, which my previous house did not. Also, Ben rarely eats (that bugs me) so there are times I might refrain from that second helping simply to avoid feeling like a cow around him. Not a bad diet though....ha! (no worries....baby still gets enough!)

Let's see.....Ben's birthday was Monday. I took the day off to spend with him and boy was it a great day! The weather was gorgeous and I got to be with my favorite person all day! :) We went to breakfast, walked around the Greene, drove out to Caesar's Creek (only to turn right around since it was closed) and then went back to the Greene for dinner......just us. NO KIDS!!!! Woohoo! It was great! I got him a Nascar "ride-a-long" experience at the track in Indy. He was thrilled, which made me excited. I love giving gifts that I know the person will really like! :)

Abby started her counseling last night. Her counselor basically said she'd meet with Abby twice alone and then meet with me to discuss her findings. All I know is that Abby colored and got to play with some toys. Glad I'm paying $20/hour for this! lol. kidding! I truly hope she can bring to light some things Abby's thinking about or dealing with and help me help her more!

My "issues" are still very much on the table, but I think I get a tiny bit better each day. I'm trying to be a little more trusting with Ben about my body. I keep telling myself if I can achieve my goal of being completely comfortable in front of him while being pregnant, then after the baby comes and I lose the weight (and hopefully more!) then that will be a piece of cake!!!!!

Some exciting news for us! Having 1001 kids is paying off, at least for taxes! lol. We're getting a lot more back than we expected, so after paying off a couple of bills, we definitely plan to set aside some for our honeymoon we never got to take!!!! The movie "Couples Retreat" inspired us and we'd definitely like to go somewhere like Cancun, Cabo, etc. I want clear, blue water! Yay! Hopefully by the end of this year or beginning of next, we can work it out to get away!!!!

Well, I've managed to kill a little bit of time at work. Sitting here and staring at the gorgeous weather is torture, but at least I'll be out in it in 2 hours! Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

wlkingbluepirate said...

So...my birthday is in just over two weeks...in case you want to get me something totally awesome too. :P

Sorry about the pregnant suckage, at least it's not something that will bother you indefinitely. It will be gone eventually. :)

And YAY for a honeymoon in a beautiful tropical location. You guys deserve it!

Mandalynn said...

Just think of Michelle Duggar...20 pregnancies...can you imagine?!?!

There's a lady at my church who's preggo with her 8th child...it makes me tired just thinking about it...

Love ya!! :)

Kelley said...

Easier? Maybe you weren't drinking enough when you wrote this. ;) I had a great third pregnancy, but I too felt it. I think we're just so tired that everything hurts. But, I bounced back very quickly after number 3.

You'll get there with the weight! When you do lose the weight after the baby, do it for you! And I know you'll do it!


I can't wait to hear what you find out about Abby.

Missy said...

I am with Kelley....no way was the third preganancy easier. I absolutely felt every thing magnified with the third....I can't imgaine those crazy people in the world who have so many kids! LOL Although, for reasons that you stated (taxes)....that would be nice! HA!

Sounds like a wonderful day for you and Ben to spend together. Hopefully time will help you with your insecurities and seeing how much Ben loves you has to help! He is truly smitten with you...and what's not to love?!?!? Learning to love yourself is often the hardest thing in life.

Your honeymoon sounds FABULOUS. I wish Scott was more of a beach person....being a fair-skinned princess, he isn't big on the sun. LOL

Love ya!