Friday, February 26, 2010

Ugh!

I've got a yucky cold....hence my title today. The only thing worse than having a cold....is having one while you're prego! No Nyquil, no Vicks nose spray, etc. Boo! I did, however, get my Vicks tissues at lunch. Love those when I've got sinus crud going on!!!!! Is it bad that I just hold one to my nose and inhale deeply????

Anyway, Ben started his new job last Sunday night (technically Monday morning). It's been a rough week of adjusting for both of us. Him for the lack of sleep and me for the lack of sleep! lol. I wake up when his alarm goes off and then usually wake up when he gets home too. He's offered to sleep on the couch, but it's not worth it to me!

It's also been a very rough week emotionally for me. You all know that Brian and I had a lot of issues, which I used to blog about as well. Well, now that he's gone and now being married to Ben, many things are coming to light. I have a lot of baggage from my first marriage and according to my psycho doctor, several scars as well. The biggest one plaguing me now is my self esteem....mostly physical. It's consuming me. Being pregnant obviously doesn't help, as my body is getting bigger and I can't stop it. When Ben and I first got together, I thought it was just being with someone skinny since Brian was always a big guy. But then I felt like there had to be more and the deeper I fell for Ben, the worse it got.....from being jealous of his first wife to celebrities he thought were attractive, to just the unknown. Little things have come up now and then which just feed my self esteem issue. I discussed this at length with my psycho doctor yesterday. (If you remember, he met with BOTH Brian and I before he passed away, so I have the benefit of him knowing Brian, so it's not like me talking about him and it being one-sided) Anyway, basically Brian "cheated" on me during our marriage.....not physically, but he had a relationship of sorts with a girl who lived several states away. I suspected it while we were married, even though he always denied it, but I knew better. I found the actual evidence after he'd passed away. I only bring this up b/c it's just one of the many things that caused me to feel rejected, thus being deathly afraid it's going to happen again with Ben. There's so much more I could go into, but it's quite lengthy. Basically, between that and a few other things that translated into rejection, I have some major issues. I have a HUGE issue being naked in front of Ben.....yes, despite the fact that we're married and having a baby together. I will say the good thing here is that Ben is aware of all of this and I give him updates after my psycho sessions, so we communicate very well. So, in saying all of that, I need your prayers big time! We're trying to work through my issues and peel away the layers of hurt, according to my psycho doctor, b/c I definitely don't want this affecting my marriage to Ben anymore than it already has. Ben assures me every day how much he loves me and finds me attractive, but it just isn't quite solving my problem. So, I need your prayers! I need to let go of all these fears that he'll turn on me like Brian did and be able to be comfortable with myself, no matter what my size is.

Sheesh.....I felt like I just wrote a novel. So, thanks in advance for the prayers! Until next time...

6 comments:

wlkingbluepirate said...

Hey, just found this:

http://tinyurl.com/yb42rfh

Because obviously, an article on Yahoo personals can definitely improve your marriage.

All kidding aside though, I think every woman deals with insecurity from time to time. Seems like it kinda runs rampant in you, and I really hope that changes, because you are awesome in like 1,327 ways, and you should feel good about your awesomeness. I'll be praying for ya, chica.

And eventually, you'll adjust to the crappy schedule. I always wake up with Cory gets home, but if I'm tired, I'll just kinda grunt a hello and fall back asleep. He understands. :)

Mandalynn said...

Wow...self-esteem...that is a can of worms, my friend...

A book I read helped me a lot (even though, I absolutely still struggle, it's helped me get over humps, helped me to gain some understanding, etc...) "I'm Not Wonder Woman...But God Made Me Wonderful" by Sheila Walsh.

I hear ya, and I'm sorry that the evil one used Brian's choices to mess with you even more...

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} & prayers & thankful that you have a hubby who is trying to understand & is sensitive to your needs...

Bookncoffee said...

Hang in there. I think most women have very similar thoughts and issues at some point in their life. Enjoy your happiness, enjoy your relationship. I think the best thing you can do is pray and have personal devos whenever you are feeling down on these issues. It is amazing how much we are like sponges for positiveness in our lives when we are feeling self doubt. We are all SISTERS and all go through it. So find some reading materials and/or positive things that make you happy - and you will find yourself right back in your happy spot. Have a great weekend.

Sara said...

Thanks, Ladies! Satan's definitely attacking me right now. I just have to find the strength to fight back and not let this take over! Hugs to all!

Missy said...

Gosh....I hate that you are going through this! I am so happy that you are still going to counseling because with all that you have been through...that has to help!

It is so easy for all of us who know and love you to tell you that you shouldn't have self-esteem issues because you are beautiful and awesome, but Satan knows exactly what buttons to push with us....and so he does. Over and over and over again! So, glad you realize it is Satan and also glad you are getting help!

Hang in there....definitely praying. I can totally relate on some levels and just hope that you are able to peel back the layers and be made whole again!!! You deserve so much happiness!!!

Love you...and praying!

Kelley said...

Sara, I'm so sorry about finding out about all those things. I know that it opens up so much about doubts and fears and I hope that you and your psycho doctor (as you put it) and Ben can get through those layers of hurt. God will help you get over them too! Keep talking to Him....He'll help you overcome all kinds of things!

I know that weight is such an issue with so many people. I always tell Hubby "lights off"....and he gets so frustrated! :) Praying for you to realize that Ben loves you no matter what...and we do too!

Lots of Love!