Friday, February 19, 2010

Good doc's appt.!

Well, I went back to my OB on Thursday for a follow up from my ER visit. Everything was fine. Her "best guess" is that either the baby or my uterus is laying on a nerve on my right side, which is causing the extra swelling. She described it as pinching a garden hose. Nice, huh? :) She's hoping that eventually whatever is doing that will move! Me too! lol. So, that's that.

Not much else to report at this time. Ben reminds me everyday why I love him so much and how blessed I am to have him. We're all still adjusting to our new life. Taylor, Ben's 9 yr. old, and Abby clash a lot lately. They can play together fine, but then the difference in age will come out and Abby takes something of Taylor's or Taylor bosses her around and a fight ensues. I know that's normal sister stuff. Trying to make Taylor understand that Abby's 4 is very hard to do sometimes. The other big problem lately is that Abby's become a klepto. It started with her taking Cassidy's DS and playing with it and I'd catch her. Well, then she resorted in taking Britney's DS and just hiding it under her bed. She got in trouble in both of these instances and seemed to understand it's wrong to take something of someone's without asking. Well, then her teacher pulls me aside on Wednesday and tells me she caught Abby with some dollhouse figurines in her backpack that belonged to her class. Grrrr! So, I am now doing a routine search under Abby's bed and trying to explain the concept of stealing to her. The more disturbing aspect of this is that she's also taking things from downstairs (ie. videos that are HERS) and hiding those under her bed too. It's bizarre. So, that's the latest and greatest with us.

Going to El Toro tonight for Jason's birthday! Woohoo! Dinner out with just adults (and Jason...he he) sounds heavenly! Hope you all have a nice weekend! xoxo

2 comments:

Mandalynn said...

SO GLAD that your swelling isn't due to something more serious, even though I know it's still annoying for you!! ((HUGS))

Talk to ya later :) Have fun @ El Toro :) Grown up time is SO NICE...Steve & I haven't been out without the kids since our anniversary...last November...and before that? Our anniversary before that!! HA!! :)

Talk to ya later :)

wlkingbluepirate said...

Glad everything checked out ok.

Sorry to hear about your little thief. On the bright side, it could pay off for you later in life.