Monday, February 15, 2010

What a weekend!!!!!

Lord have mercy.....does the drama ever end? I'm bordering on hysterical laughter....you know....the kind that makes you nervously laugh with the person who's doing the hysterical laughing, but then you stop and really start to worry about their sanity? Yeah, that's me!

First off, I had a very nice birthday! My fabulous hubby (who can't keep his mouth shut worth anything and had me imagining all kinds of birthday surprises) ended up taking me to Bravo for dinner (sans the kids) and then gave me the first 2 Twilight books, since I had mentioned wanting to read them, the Rascal Flatts greatest hits, and .......Casting Crowns tickets!!!!! Woohoo! I'm so excited! April 1st at the Nutter Center.....section B, row 9. He's fabulous!

Friday:

My feet were swelling as usual, but I noticed Friday morning that my right foot was more swollen than my left. That had happened before, but then they started to feel tingly, so I called my OB's office and long story short, they told me to go to the ER. So, I called Ben and he met me over there. After a 3 hour wait (no joke) they finally called me back. They wouldn't just let me go over to the maternity ward b/c they didn't know for sure if it was pregnancy related.....umm...what else would it be????? So, anyway, they took blood, checked my urine and all that fun stuff and basically all my levels were fine, but as a precaution, given my history with Abby, they put me on bedrest for the weekend. To say I was bummed was an understatement! I had a girl's lunch and pedi afternoon planned for Saturday. That was out. Not to mention that Sunday was mine and Ben's first Valentine's day together and I was going to surprise him by taking him to a movie and dinner....that was also out! So, yeah, I was very bummed!

Saturday was filled with nothing but laying in bed. lol. Ben had hooked up my laptop for me, so at least I had that. Ben and the kids went out and played in the snow and I watched "All about Steve." Not an "A+" movie, but it was cute. It passed the time.....lol.

Sunday was much of the same. I have to say I was very bummed that Ben didn't get me flowers. His "excuse" was that he planned on getting them when we went out to dinner.....apparently it's my fault for being on bedrest! LOL. He has yet to give me flowers at all, which is why I expected them, especially for Valentine's Day! Now, you have to understand that my wonderful hubby talks a good game.....I've always heard how he "does up" Valentine's day. I got 2 cards from him. That's it. So, yeah, the fact that I'm confined to the bed, need to be cheered up, and I get 2 cards didn't help me much.....I still love him and he's still wonderful!

So, that was my weekend. As expected, my feet are swollen again today b/c I'm on them again. Not sure what the point of the bedrest was since the same thing is just going to happen once I go back on them! OH, well....I followed doctor's orders!

I'm also ready for this snow to be gone!!!!!! Spring? Where are you????

4 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Yeah I didn't get flowers either but I got chocolate and reading material and taken out twice. Some times I get flowers though. I think it depends on the convenience factor. We try to just to cards but usually we don't stick to that. lol

Hope you are feeling better but I am glad you are being cautious. I remember my feet swelling and tingling and ITCHING when I was pregnant. Oh my word. I'm not sure why but it was misery and stopped immediately after Katy was born. Have a good week.

Missy said...

Sorry you didn't get flowers. You can have the annoying singing gorilla that "the kids" got me!!! LOL It was cute THE FIRST time it sang. Not so much now. LOL And just imagine if you would've had that while on bedrest! You couldn't have gotten up to hide it like I did! LOL

Hopefully this swelling business gets under control soon and you don't have to do too much more bedrest! I am sure that all the stress in your life is affecting your body in some weird ways.

Praying for you Chica!!! Love ya!

wlkingbluepirate said...

You lost me at Twilight.

And all guys talk a much bigger game than they actually play. I could tell you the game that Cory talked and has yet to live up to, but...this is not the proper arena for such discussion. ;) I still love him though.

I got flowers...4 days before Valentine's Day, but they were dead within 24 hours. Apparently lilies are not good indoor flowers.

Kelley said...

I'm sorry about the flowers. My Hubby doesn't like flowers cuz they die quickly...so I don't get them. But it also makes the boys sick...maybe THAT'S the reason we don't have them! ha ha!

I can't believe they wouldn't let you go up to the maternity ward. I can only imagine what you were mumbling under your breath while they said that!

Lots of Love!