Monday, January 10, 2011

It's been awhile......

Umm....yeah, so.....remember me? lol. I'll try to catch you up as best I can on the last 5 months of my life! ha ha!

Aiden.....is almost 7 months old! My how time flies! He's still such a joy to both of us. He's a special boy....there are no favorites, of course, but Aiden's definitely special. To Ben b/c he's the boy he's always wanted and me b/c he's my last baby. We are really enjoying him! He's a chunker! Abby and Jack were such tiny babies and Aiden's a chunky monkey, so it's been fun with his chubby cheeks and baby rolls! :)

Jack.....is still a holy terror, but a cute one! He's a big momma's boy and melts my heart when he yells "Mommy!" when I get home. He occasionally snuggles with me and I love it! That kid is gonna be a heartbreaker with those gorgeous eyes and killer smile! :) I need to start potty training him....I know he's ready now, but dang....I don't have time!

Abby.....my sweetie! She has such a big heart and is still the best big sister to both her brothers! Aiden smiles at her like no one else and she just loves to talk to him and play with him. When Jack hits her or throws something at her, she tells on him, but accepts his apology right away.... :) She's also a big momma's girl! I can't believe she's 5 now and going to start Kindergarten next year....yikes!!!!!

Cassidy, Britney, and Taylor......Well, the twins (Cass and Brit) are well into puberty now and it's driving me nuts! lol. Having to deal with 2 girls and their periods and boobs and the whole works was not part of my plan yet! ha! They're sweet girls, though, and I'm guiding them and helping them as best I can. Taylor is still my challenge. Her attitude and headstrong personality make us clash quite often, but I'm working through it.....she's very needy and still a sweet girl.

Ben.....well, he quit his paper route last Sunday, but looks like he may go back. lol. After almost a year of doing the route, it was taking its toll on everyone, especially him. He was exhausted and miserable and with my approval, quit finally! Well, they called him and want him back, so he meets with them this afternoon to see what they have to say. They're offering more money, but not sure if it will be enough. I REALLY don't want him to work there. I've enjoyed this last week of him staying in bed with me all night and getting up with me in the mornings and not being as cranky, etc. We were also going to be able to go to church as a family again. It's just got me down that all of that will most likely change again. So, prayers are appreciated!!!!

Me.....I've been really down lately. I'm not happy with my ongoing weight battle. I was doing really well and getting up in the mornings and exercising again, but when my stomach issues started, I stopped and haven't gone back to it. Plus I wasn't losing weight and that was getting me down....I was watching what I ate, but now wondering if maybe I wasn't eating enough. I need to get back to it.....I'm just not happy with my body. I've also been really stressed. Having 6 kids is quite stressful and I'm not a patient person. I think I bit off more than I can chew, however, I won't give up. I just know it's harder than I expected. I snapped at Jack last night and Ben called me out on it. I was mad at Ben and took it out on Jack and that's totally unacceptable. Ended up in a pile of tears and Ben was right there for me. Told me I wasn't a bad Mom, etc, but I felt horrible. My family doc put me on a mild anxiety med to try and help with daily life. I have to admit, I forget to take it quite a bit, so I'm sure that doesn't help me. Grrr! I need a vacation....somewhere tropical! lol.

So, that kind of catches you up on me and my family! We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! Hoping this year is better than last! Love you all!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

It wasn't a practical joke! You really did blog! I am so proud of you - not just for blogging either. We're only given one day at a time, so that's how you gotta take it girl. I think of you and your family a lot.

Mandalynn said...

I'm with Sherry!! :) One day at a time (and I totally needed that advice for myself today!! :)) And, YAY for blogging again!! :) I've missed you!! :)

Jodi said...

God bless you Sara... totally can relate to the whole puberty/teenage experience... we had a teenage boy in the house for almost a year and I was not ready for all the drama that ensued and I know girls are worse and times two... well... God bless you for not killing them! lol I heard a comedian say one time that teenagers are the reason some animals eat their young... or something like that.. I'm sure you get the sentiment. Hang in there chicka and feel free to vent as much as possible to us blog-sisters!

p.s. I need to start potty training Cali too... blah!

SebbieDue said...

I'm so glad you caught us all up on the Bradys! I can totally relate with what you wrote. I went off my meds about a year ago, and Dean suggested that I might want to try them out again. He's so sweet, looking out for me like that, lol. Ain't nothin' wrong w/ taking a "mother's little helper" now and then, chica just don't forget to seek the Source too. He'll fill you up with exactly what you need. Love ya!