Monday, March 28, 2011

Need to vent.....

I know, I know......I'm a big fat slacker! My good intentions on blogging more often are just that.....good intentions! lol. Life is a tad bit stressful at the moment.....when isn't it? Church kind of fell by the wayside there for awhile.....you miss here and there at first and then all of a sudden you haven't gone in 2 months. I wasn't raised that way and it's just not me, so we're trying to get it back together again. We've been going the last few weeks to Crossview. Brian's parents go there (and Missy :)) and I've always liked that church, but avoided it b/c frankly.....Brian's parents go there! lol. It's kind of awkward to go with your "new family" where your "old family" goes. Regardless, it's gone ok. We even sat together. The kids really seem to like their classes and so far, Ben seems to like it, so PLEASE keep us all in your prayers. The good thing is that even if Ben decides to miss for whatever reason, I would feel comfortable going by myself. I have the ex in-laws to help with the kids, etc.....whereas at Apex, I didn't have that support and it was so stinkin big! So, that's been a huge blessing, but also a prayer request. Also, Ben's really struggling right now and needs prayer badly. I truly believe he's dealing with some depression and he's also really having a hard time in his spiritual life....lots of questions and not enough answers.....he's just struggling big time. I feel like God is working, but maybe not fast enough....? I know that God's timing is perfect, but this also could use your prayers. He's also supposed to be starting a new job with his friend's landscaping company next week, so hoping all goes well with that..... I'm stressing big time about Abby's kindergarten testing. She didn't go to preschool and we've been working with her some, but I just don't feel like her skills are up to that of the kids that did go. I just don't want her to be "behind" before she even gets started, you know? Lots of prayers needed here this week.....love you all! :)

2 comments:

Missy said...

So...I think it is AWESOME that you guys have been visiting our church and it makes me so happy to see you and your "new" family there! I chatted with Ben a little the last time you were there too and he is such a neat guy. I mean...obviously he is special because he married you! But I went and sat with my mom after and was telling her a bit of what he said and we both just sat there crying. It is so cool how God has worked in both of your lives.

How can two people go through what the two of you have gone through at such a young age and NOT struggle spiritually...even if you are raised in church and have a strong faith...and then if you don't have that strong faith, magnify it by a million! So...I am sure that God is working on his heart and that means that Satan is working just as hard. I will keep him in my prayers....you guys really have a beautiful story and once he allows God to work in his heart....imagine how much more beautiful that story could be?

Also....we didn't send Isaac to preschool either and I had the same fears and anxieties that you are having with Abby. She will be FINE! Kids go to Kindergarten with all varying levels of "readiness" and the teachers know that and can quickly determine what they need to do to get them all up to "par". So, try not to worry so much about that and just enjoy this new stage of life with her! I totally get what you are saying though because this is your "first" baby going to school and it is SCARY!

Love you...and we are all slackers at posting! But I LOVE it when you do!!! :)

Missy said...

Oh...and one more thing....I don't think that Brian's parents could be more proud of your "new" family. They have a lot of love to give and I am sure there are still and will still be rocky times, but it looks to me like they are just thrilled to have more grandbabies to love on and I think this has probably helped Patty heal more than anyone could've imagine.

Isn't it cool how God works? Again, I know it ain't perfect and I know there are times where you still probably want to strangle them, but watching Larry hold and be so proud of Aiden was such a beautiful thing. I told Ben that the more people to love your kids and help with them...the better!!!