Thursday, May 20, 2010

3 more weeks......

of work! Then I'm off for 3 months! Hallelujah! I'm sooooo done with this pregnancy, with work, etc. I'm more miserable physically than I've ever been.....and obviously complaining a lot! lol. June 11 is my last day of work and then Aiden comes on the 15th.....if not before! I can't wait!

Let's see.....it's been awhile, but there's really not much you've missed. The first wife issue hasn't changed much. Ben does a good job of reassuring me of his love for me and our life together now, but it's still hard. My family never mentions Brian, nor does Abby and Jack, whereas I still have to hear about her frequently. I'm sympathetic to the girls and their needs, but sometimes it's a bit too much. My heart breaks for them when they're missing her.....it's just the personal details that are casually mentioned in conversation that I could do without. I worry about Jack and Taylor with Aiden. They are both used to being the baby and center of attention. Abby did so well with Jack that I don't think another sibling will affect her. Taylor's shown quite a bit of jealousy where Abby's concerned and in general she's a bit self-involved, so I just worry about her with the attention the baby will receive. It's going to be tough, but we have no choice but to be up for the challenge! LOL

I've been a little sad lately.....just feeling down. I think most days I do a pretty good job of hiding it from Ben. I know he worries about me like I do about him. lol. I know that part of it is just being miserable and ready to have this baby, but the other part has to do with Ben. There are 2 subjects in particular that we disagree on and both feel strongly about. I guess I just worry that these issues could come between us.....it just makes me very sad. On the other hand, we've been pretty good at working out issues so far. We're still learning each other and things are still coming out in our personalities that we hadn't seen before and I think we've handled that well. I just know that I love him very much and I'd like to think there's nothing we can't work out. I don't like to be negative, but these issues seem to come up on a regular basis and I don't see either one of us changing our stance. It just blows! lol.

On a more positive note, the twins turn 11 a week from Saturday, so I'm trying to get their party together. They've decided they'd just like to use their favorite colors (blue and purple) for the decor, so I'll be hitting Flower Factory soon to see about stuff like that. I think we're getting them bikes, which should be fun. They've been wanting them. They REALLY want cell phones, but we just can't justify them needing one. We did talk about getting 1 for the house and they can give the # to their friends and share it, more as a test and if they "pass" then we'll get them one for Christmas. Kids these days! ha!

I hope you all are doing well. Missy and Mandy, looks like your cruise was wonderful! Miss you all!

No comments: